Error in adding Persian Keyboard layout

Hello everyone I hope you’re doing great.

I just have a problem in adding Persian Keyboard Layout in parrot Security edition (Mate)

At the first when I go to Keyboard section in Control Center then in Layouts tab, and then in pressing Add button, and finally going to By Language tab and selecting Persian, I can’t see the preview and it’s still showing the English keyboard layout.
But it’s not all.
When I click the Add button, I get this error :

And here is the result of the command told in the error windows to run and then report the problem :

$xprop -root | grep XKB
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = “evdev”, “”, “us”, “”, “”
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = “evdev”, “”, “us”, “”, “”

$gsettings list-keys org.mate.peripherals-keyboard-xkb.kbd
layouts
options
model

Can anyone help me? This is a very negative point that I’m getting a error in adding a keyboard layout, That’s much important for me to do this.

I’d suggest you install fcitx :slight_smile:

What do you mean? What is it? And how can I install it and configure it to add other keyboard layouts?
Would you help me?

To install fcitix, you can do sudo apt install fcitx, logout and login again to make session work.
You can read it here Fcitx - ArchWiki But make sure it supports your keyboard layout. I don’t familiar with Persian keyboard layout on fcitx.
If it doesn’t support, you have to check other solutions.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.