Extremley slow internet

I am running the version(just downloaded it) of Parrot OS on a dual-boot machine. The machine is running fine in Windows. It is a desktop that uses a TP USB wireless card to connect wifi. Parrot recognizes it connects fine to the wifi. But is erratic.

In Windows, I get 20mbps up and down. While running Parrot it will stay connected giving 3mbps down, sometimes none at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, it would be difficult to give you info from the Parrot OS side being I have to pretty much log back into windows to write this.

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

• Anonsurf running? (yes/no)

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

It sounds like the wifi driver is the root cause. Idk if your wireless chipset has official support to Linux. In anycase, official driver support, no matter if it’s open-sourced or close-sourced, is better than generic driver.

Thank you. I am going to try to do a bit of troubleshooting later today.

If you have inxi installed, run from the terminal inxi -Nnz and paste back the result, TP link often have RTL chipsets and will run on a basic rtl driver but run better for the latest one for that particular chip set.