Failed to activate swap /swapfile.

Briefly describe your issue below:
When starting up it eventually is stuck on a black screen with blinking underscore after having a couple minutes with once a mouse blink then two times underscore and again mouse and again two underscore blinks.

I went into recovery mode and got this error.

[11.695446] systemd[1]: Failed to activate swap /swapfile.
[FAILED] Failed to activate swap /swapfile.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Swap.
fsckd-cancel-msg : Press Ctrl+c to cancel all filesystem checks in progress

(Then a bunch of OK things)

I did a command to check the logs and found this somewhere in it

Jul 23 15:16:51 parrot kernel: BTRFS warning (device sda3) swapfile must not be copy-on-write
Jul 23 15:16:51 parrot systemd[1]: swapfile.swap: Swap process exited, code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION
Jul 23 15:16:51 parrot systemd[1]: swapfile.swap: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Jul 23 15:16:51 parrot systemd[1]: Failed to activate swap /swapfile.
Jul 23 15:16:51 parrot systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Swap.
Jul 23 15:16:51 parrot systemd[1]: swap.target: Job swap.target/start failed with result ‘dependency’

I’m don’t understand Linux very well yet so I really struggle finding a solution, can anyone help me with this problem?

I’m running 5.5.0-1parrot1-amd64 I think I used debian standard and no multiboot I think

Kind regards

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

It appears you attempted to create a swap file? What steps/guide did you follow?

I didn’t do anything related to swapfiles

But I got back into my computer after doing

Apt update
Apt full-upgrade
Apt clean
Apt reboot

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.