Failed to load firmware scrubber.bin

Hi all

I am a new user of Parrot security OS lastest release (discovered with HTB).
When I boot my machine, I have an issue with the firmware scrubber.bin (nvidia/ga102) => failed to load. I have a RTX3090 graphic card. The nouveau driver works well but I would like to install the Nvidia drivers for using CUDA capabilities. I have placed the scrubber.bin file in the right place but the missing issue is still here at the rebbot.
When I try to install the Nividia drivers, after the reboot, my login screen loops, I have read that is issue is well known but I can’t fix the problem with the tuto found on the internet.
I believe that my issue with the Nvivia drivers is caused by the firmware missing at the boot.

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

To install missing firmware, you can go to kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git - Repository of firmware blobs for use with the Linux kernel, download and extract file, then copy binaries into destination dir
About the login loop, the last problem I can remember was the nvidia driver, mate macro (or marco i can’t remember) and xorg doesn’t like each other. To fix it, you have to disable it in Mate using Gsetting.
However, It’s too soon to say if the macro was the problem because you are using 3090 which is very new.

Thank you for your reply @dmknght
So, I have made some tests this week-end. First, I have build a new boot image with the missing firmwares, it works, some of them are still missing but I m going to serach them on the web.
For the login loop, after installing nvidia drivers I have removed the marco package, and the login works well BUT i have lost the managing on all my windows (managing the size for example).
I haven’t succeed in disabling xorg in marco with Gsettings, I don’t know in wich schema are the right keys to do this… So if you have some help about this… Thank you !

I finally applied the gsettings command found on this topic : https://community.parrotsec.org/t/nvidia-driver-510-73-stuck-at-login-screen-xorg-segfault-0x0-workaround/25269/4 with a fresh install of Parrot security. The result is the same as deleting the marco package : login works but the environment of X-server has gone, no more possibilities to resize the windows, no more shortcuts and more…

It doesn’t make sense. I don’t think marco disables the other usabilities. From my knowledge, it’s used to change desktop effect live transparent and the others. But I haven’t used Mate for years so IDK. In this case, you may want to try XFCE.

Finally, I used nvidia-xconfig and nividia-settings to configure the screens and the settings of the desktop.
My screens was inverted and my second screen was set to main screen and switched off, so I did not see the task bar and some icons. All is well set now and works fine.
I don’t understand why but I can’t resize anymore my terminal windows with the mouse.
Thank you @dmknght for your help.

Me neither. The Mate DE has some very weird issues (and this gsetting was the latest major issue). That’s why i has switched to XFCE for years.

That sounds like different resolution and monitor id when you set display. At least it’s fine now :smiley:

OH i think it’s the border of the window. As I recall, you have to do it on title bar of each window instead. But i’m not sure how and why. I think i saw that issue before.

I will test on the title bar tonight, thank you.
I suppose that XFCE DE works perfectly with the latest OS PARROT ? Is it safe to install it instead of MATE ? Thank you.

Let just say that I’ve used XFCE for at least 3 years
P/s: There are some improvement of XFCE comes in next release so if you want a better XFCE (I hope), you may want to wait a while. A fresh installation is recommended.

OK thank you very much @dmknght all is fine now.
Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.