Firefox extensions not working

Briefly describe your issue below:
Firefox extensions has stopped working recently. Mozilla seems to be rolling out the fix by using the “Studies” feature. However, this feature is disabled in the Firefox version that is shipped with ParrotOS.
Is there a way to obtain the fix on Parrot with the Firefox version that is shipped with Parrot?

What version of Parrot are you running?
ParrotOS Home 4.5.1 (all upgrades applied as they are being rolled out), AMD64

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
Couldn’t find anything other than the info from Mozilla regarding the use of the “Studies” feature.

You can install the hotfix from here directly:

https://storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate%40mozilla.com-1.0.2-signed.xpi

If you install addons directly from ff website addons are already signed from Mozilla,so you can disable signing verification check by modifying about:config to FALSE:
“xpinstall.signatures.required”

The “Studies” feature is disabled the FF shipped with Parrot, isn’t it?

In FF, under the Preferences -> Data collection and Use, I have this note:
“Data reporting is disabled for this build configuration”
and the check boxes are disabled.

How do I tell FF to allow this installation?
I get the “Firefox prevented this site from asking you to install software on your computer” message when I click the link.

I can’t find the preferences switch to allow it…

It will install as an extension

try disable this security setting (preferences-Privacy & Security:

On ESR I wasn’t able to enable studies either, on later build 65.0.1, I saw the option. You can install 65.0.1 from synaptics package manager.

The certificates for the Addons expired leading to Firefox flagging the Addons as Invalid or Insecure…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.