Fprint on Parrot?

Briefly describe your issue below:

I am running 4.19.0-parrot1-13t-amd64 on my ThinkPad R61i. I am trying to configure the internal fingerprint reader for authentication management.

I am 100% new to Parrot, and somewhat new to Linux, so please bear with me here. When I try to install the FPRINT packages for fingerprint management, or even the GUI management software, I just get errors that there are no matching templates for installation, presumeably because the developer hasn’t compiled a version that is specifically for Parrot, but unsure. Is there an alternative software that I can use? Or is there something built into the OS that can handle Fingerprint authentication?

Thanks!

Installed using Debian GTK installer (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Not configured in multiboot? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

hi! Looks like Parrot repository doesn’t have this package. I’ve did a quick search, this package is stored on a 3rd party repository; and Parrot doesn’t allow add repository.
I think you can download .deb file from https://launchpad.net/~fingerprint/+archive/ubuntu/fingerprint-gui/+packages and install it using dpkg. Try install it on a testing environment first and make sure it won’t break your system.