1. Your Parrot information
- OS version: run
DISTRIB_ID=Parrot DISTRIB_RELEASE=4.11 DISTRIB_CODENAME=rolling DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Parrot OS 4.11" PRETTY_NAME="Parrot OS 4.11" NAME="Parrot OS" ID=parrot ID_LIKE=debian VERSION="4.11" VERSION_ID="4.11" HOME_URL="https://www.parrotsec.org/" SUPPORT_URL="https://community.parrotsec.org/" BUG_REPORT_URL="https://community.parrotsec.org/"
- Kernel version: run
Linux parrot 5.10.0-5parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.24-5parrot1 (2021-03-20) x86_64 GNU/Linux
** ISO information **
Version: 4.11 Desktop Environment: Mate Edition: Home
2. If you have this problem after fresh installation:
How did you create USB bootable?
- dd was used to make USB
- Steps of making USB bootable:
dd if=/path/to/parrot_iso of=/dev/sdx bs=4096 status=progress && sync
How did you install OS?
- Calamares installer
3. If your hardware doesn’t work: wifi doesn’t show, graphic issue:
Western Digital SSD Blue 3D 500GB
4. How did you get this error? Are there any steps to procedure it?
1. `sudo fstrim -v /` 2. It shows me: fstrim: /: the discard operation is not supported
5. Error log or screenshot
fstrim: /: the discard operation is not supported
I just bought a WD Blue 3D 500GB SSD to my PC, and tried to make a fstrim (
sudo fstrim -v /). Error message was sent: fstrim: /: the discard operation is not supported. I think it is because the LVM + LUKS. Could someone suggest me how could i trim my SSD? I’ve read these:
- let issue_discards set to 1 in /etc/lvm.conf
- let a discard option write into the /etc/crypttab.
- update initramfs.
Are these steps corrects, or i shoul make something else? I checked /etc/crypttab, but it is not clear that should insert the discard option to the end of the line?
Thanks any help you can provide!