Get Default Parrot OS firefox profile

So i accidentally deleted my firefox profile which came with the Parrot OS.
However i am not interested in doing any file recoveries. But instead wanted to know if i get a “basic template Parrot OS firefox profile” which comes when you install Parrot OS.

i really love the Parrot OS version and not the original firefox because of the cool configuration Parrot OS provided by default but now i dont have that.

i dont want to want to download Parrot OS again , just for the sake of it.

i just needed the default config firefox profile (without bookmarks and history ofc).

is there any way i can get it?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

Parrot/GNU Linux 4.5
Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-parrot1-13t-amd64
Architecture: x86-64

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

yes. (with win 7)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

no

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Try data from this path /etc/skel/.mozilla/firefox

Or firefox profile-manager

Hi!

Parrot profile of Firefox on my newly installed Parrot 4.8 is missing. Am I missing something or it’s gone on Parrot 4.8?

Sorry i don’t get it. You mean you installed fresh Parrot and you don’t see any profile?

Yes. There is no profile by default in FF.

You can create it with “firefox -P” in terminal. Then there would be everything meant to be, like there’s a Default profile as usually…

I see two profiles but not the Parrot profile. On previous versions of Parrot OS, like 4.7, upon execution of Firefox there was a pre-set profile named “Parrot” on which security and extention preferences were set by Parrot team. There’s no such a Parrot profile on Parrot OS 4.8.

BUT when u create new profile and name it whatever u like, u get everything PRESET like usually: Parrot tabs with learning links, privacy links, Pentest links…etc,etc.

The bookmarks are fine, but no extensions and security settings :confused:

I’m seeing “Parrot” profile but because i didn’t do fresh install so i’m not sure about it. It could be change in parrot-skel.

You should check extensions. They might be disabled. That is strange because they were disabled on my machine somehow and i had to enable all. I didn’t really notice that because i thought that was some incompatible bug from Firefox.

When using Parrot 4.8 MATE Security edition in LiveUSB mode, Firefox has no extenstions and it doesn’t ask me to select a Parrot Profile.

Yeah. I guess they should be installed manually. I also have a Parrot 4.7 machine on which Firefox is fine and I can see the Parrot profile of Firefox, but not on my 4.8 machine. I have also checked the parrot-skel, there’s nothing there.

Maybe if you want,you can open our gitlab nest.parrotsec.org and check commit history of Parrot skel. Maybe there was something wrong with update. Sorry i’m working on other project so i afraid i can’t help you check it.
P/s: If you see the issue you can open an issue or you can give the commit history which is wrong here so i can create issue for you (just in case you donn’t want to create account or you have error)

1 Like

Anyway, extensions are easy to find and for security settings I always use settings from:

2 Likes