Giving wired messages in terminal

– Please Write here your help request –

Hello, i’m getting error messages in terminal when ever i checked for update. My other softwares install perfectly but when i try to update the “not upgraded” section it’s gives me error in the down below i tried all possible commands like:

sudo apt install -f
sudo apt install fix-broken

and i also check nano /etc/apt/sources.list files but none of them fix the issue so what should i do now?

• ParrotOS iso in use:

I’m using ParrotSec OS 6.0 amd64

• Application used for flashing the iso:

I used Balena Etcher because Rufus is not able to flash the iso i tried and when i boot it took me in grub so i format my pendrive and flash with balena etcher and it’s worked like a charm! But i am having this issue.

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

──╼ $sudo apt update
[sudo] password for (username) :
Hit:1 Index of /parrot/ lory InRelease
Hit:2 Index of /direct/parrot/ lory-security InRelease
Hit:3 Index of /parrot/ lory-backports InRelease
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
2 packages can be upgraded. Run ‘apt list --upgradable’ to see them.
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list:19

• Screenshots:

did you run upgrade? [sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade]

1 Like

@Aunonno
a perfect solution from Masmer Snerd (Parrot supporter):

You will need to edit as root /etc/apt/sources.list and comment out (#) two lines…

deb Index of /parrot/ lory non-free contrib main

deb-src Index of /parrot/ lory non-free contrib main

It looks like /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list is now preferred.

cheers . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank You so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

But i have another issue if could help me to fix that too that would be very helpful. It’s not just like any major issue but i don’t wanna have any out-dated software in my system.

Terminal/Logs

──╼ $sudo apt update
Hit:1 deb.parrot.sh/parrot lory InRelease
Hit:2 deb.parrot.sh/direct/parrot lory-security InRelease
Hit:3 deb.parrot.sh/parrot lory-backports InRelease
2 packages can be upgraded. Run ‘apt list --upgradable’ to see them.

──╼ $sudo apt upgrade

APT on Parrot behaves differently than Debian.
apt upgrade is equivalent to apt full-upgrade in Debian,
and performs a complete system update.

Use apt safe-upgrade to perform a partial upgrade.

Calculating upgrade… Done
The following packages have been kept back:
hashcat upx-ucl
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Calculating upgrade… Done
The following packages have been kept back:
hashcat upx-ucl
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

──╼ $sudo apt install hashcat
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
hashcat : Depends: libminizip1t64 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

"And if i try to install that ‘ufx-ucl’ this give me same error too.

Yes i did that but nothing works here other commands i used

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt full-upgrade

sudo apt dist-upgrade

sudo apt safe-upgrade (as the terminal recommends me to do)

sudo apt install -f

sudo dpkg --configure -a

Unfortunately nothing works i don’t know the developers change the repository link or if it has another problem for example if you install metasploit on a non-pentest os example ubuntu you have to update the gpg key every week or month otherwise it give you errors too. But i don’t wanna mess things up so i thought i should i ask you guys that will be good. :sweat_smile:

@Aunonno

hashcat cannot be updated at the moment.
Lorenzo F. of Parrot OS is responsible for this problem.
we have to wait.

cheers . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries i uninstalled both of the packages! Guess what now my terminal is cleaned as it should be.

cheers to you too … :slightly_smiling_face: