Hello i can't log in after installing nvidia cuda tool

hello i need help i have just installed nvidia cuda toolkit and then i rebootet and now iam stuck on my login page, i cant do any thing can some one plz help he

If possible, if you are able to access the login screen, I would recommend using the following key strokes
Ctrl alt (then also holding down any function key if needed) and F2. This will put you on virtual login tty2. Type in your username and then password as this acts like a terminal. Then if you are able to login.
The next step would be to see if you can revert your changes by uninstalling the toolkit through command line. If the nvidiaCuda was done with apt package manager, use sudo apt remove (name of the nvidiacudatoolkit). If that does not work please see External monitor with NVIDIA Drivers on Laptop. Extended display working - #9 by dmknght for more information. If needed see if any recovery options when loading up parrot os is available that might give you a GUI)

Let us know what happens.

If you are using Mate, it’s a known issue that Mate’s marco (or macro i can’t remember the exact name) has a bug. Disable it will make everything work fine.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.