Help needed with "pci 0000:00:07.0: DPC: RP PIO log size 0 is invalid" error on ParrotOS

– Please Write here your help request –
Dear Linux Community,

I am seeking assistance with an issue I am facing on my ParrotOS installation. I have installed ParrotOS using the Architect edition and selected the Cinnamon desktop environment. The entire OS is stored on a USB stick.

The problem I am encountering is that every time I boot with the default kernel, I get an error message that says “pci 0000:00:07.0: DPC: RP PIO log size 0 is invalid,” and the system gets stuck on this error. However, if I choose to boot from an older kernel, such as 6.1, the system boots up just fine.

I have tried the following steps to resolve the issue:

Booting with the older kernel version (6.1) that works correctly with my hardware.

Updating my ParrotOS installation to the latest version.

Checking and ensuring that the USB stick is functioning properly and has no physical or logical issues.

Adding the kernel parameter “pci=noaer” to the boot options by editing the GRUB configuration file (/etc/default/grub) and appending it to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line, like this:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet splash pci=noaer”

Then, running sudo update-grub to update the GRUB configuration.

Unfortunately, none of these steps have resolved the issue, and I am still unable to boot with the default kernel.

I would like to know if there are any suggestions or solutions that the community can provide to help me resolve this issue without resetting my whole system.

I am willing to provide any additional information or logs that may be helpful in troubleshooting this problem.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Best regards from Germany,

Magnus v. Wachter

• ParrotOS iso in use:
    Architect edition

• Application used for flashing the iso:
    BalenaEtcher

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots: