¿How to correctly configure a hidden Service?

¿How to correctly configure a hidden Service?

I’ve had problems accessing my hidden tor service…

I configure everything as it should be but the site does not appear online or learning from local.

Previously I had managed to get it online but had many interruptions, suddenly it connected fine but most of the time it was not online.

Any guide especially for parrot security?

I already tried a little bit of everything but I can’t get it to stay online anymore.

This clearly is not the case;

“I configure everything as it should be but the site does not appear online or learning from local.”

else it would show up as expected :wink:

Obviously I already tried step by step with that guide.
But I don’t understand why it hasn’t worked for a long time.
When it had achieved it, it had many intermittents and it was not stable, suddenly it stopped connecting.
Possibly I will reinstall TOR.

I only have one question, with tor tunnels is it possible to be accessible outside the local network even if my ISP blocks the ports of entry?
Or will it be the same as when setting up a server outside of tor and because of the blocked ports of the ISP it will not let me access?

If it has been intermittent, first check the obvious stuff, your device running the Tor service isn’t going to sleep or turning of the network interface after a timeout.

Have you also checked your router settings, many are set to refuse incoming connections if an outbound connection wasn’t started first. You may have to set up port forwarding. (tor uses SOCKS proxy on port 9050)

circumvent blocks;

Of course, the router already had port forwarding but my ISP has always blocked incoming ports and I can never test it except with a tunnel like NGROK but I don’t like to use it.

I guess it’s the internet connection, since the kernel was updated with the Broadcom drivers I have to be using an external network card for it to work well and it hadn’t occurred to me that Had that problem, I’m going to try again with the external network card.

Apparently it was the permissions and properties on the folder /etc/tor/ and /var/lib/tor/ were as root and I had to run as the user of the machine.

Now I can easily run multiple services and it automatically tunnels through the ISP to log in from anywhere.

glad its sorted, and thank you for updating your post!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.