How to go to an USB stick from a Virtualbox Parrot?

– Please Write here your help request, –

Dear All, how can you go to an USB stick that you put into your computer from a Parrot which has been installed in a Virtualbox please?

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Hello. You simply have to make USB ports accessibility from Virtualbox. If I remember correctly there is a setting dedicated to USBs. You may need the Virtualbox guest additions.

As dante has said, you’ll need to pass through the usb device. By default you can pass through USB1 & 2 devices. 3 will need guest additions. Make sure you run guest additions on the guest os not just insert the virtual disk. Hope this help!

1 Like

Thank you very much danterolle and Cookiez1337.
My question has been shown 2 days after I wrote it. In the meantime I have found how to connect a Virtualbox to a USB stick. My new research is how to connect a Virtualbox to a USB without that the host computer feel anything ie. without the host computer having any exchange with the USB stick.

Interesting… In my previous research into VirtualBox- that shouldn’t be possible. VirtualBox being a Type II hypervisor- the host OS has to be able to touch a device in order to pass it through or else it wouldn’t know what to pass through.

However, I could be wrong in this assumption. Please feel free to let me know if you find anything. Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.