How to go to an USB stick from a Virtualbox Parrot?

– Please Write here your help request, –

Dear All, how can you go to an USB stick that you put into your computer from a Parrot which has been installed in a Virtualbox please?

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Hello. You simply have to make USB ports accessibility from Virtualbox. If I remember correctly there is a setting dedicated to USBs. You may need the Virtualbox guest additions.

As dante has said, you’ll need to pass through the usb device. By default you can pass through USB1 & 2 devices. 3 will need guest additions. Make sure you run guest additions on the guest os not just insert the virtual disk. Hope this help!

1 Like

Thank you very much danterolle and Cookiez1337.
My question has been shown 2 days after I wrote it. In the meantime I have found how to connect a Virtualbox to a USB stick. My new research is how to connect a Virtualbox to a USB without that the host computer feel anything ie. without the host computer having any exchange with the USB stick.

Interesting… In my previous research into VirtualBox- that shouldn’t be possible. VirtualBox being a Type II hypervisor- the host OS has to be able to touch a device in order to pass it through or else it wouldn’t know what to pass through.

However, I could be wrong in this assumption. Please feel free to let me know if you find anything. Good luck!