HOW TO INSTALL " DNS TOOL " - INTERNET CAN'T CONNECT WITHOUT ANONSURF

Hello!!..

I’m new at Linux and I’m a student - and I installed the Parrot OS Home in my only very old computer, in order to learn about Network administration/Ethical Hacking, as a practical complement to my studies…

My PC is very low in resources, and the Parrot OS works in it good to the point it is faster than when it was brand new!!.. :joy:

However, the first time I connected to the Anonsurf, it stop connecting to the Internet without this app :sweat_smile:

I found this similar case in the forum, where the person solved the problem installing a tool called " DNS Tool "…

However I’m new in linux, and I don’t know how to do it :sweat_smile:

Please!!.. I really would be grateful if anyone could help me!!!..

Hi @IcelandicParrot

dnstool is a command line tool. You type those commands. like sudo dnstool static 8.8.8.8 in a terminal.

2 Likes

try this command after killing anonsurf

sudo systemctl start tor #this was my solution for this problem#

1 Like

I solved it by restarting the network, with the following command: sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager.service

1 Like

thank you so much. it worked for me

but I have to do this every time when I turn on parrot os.

For anyone else facing the issue it’s a real pain and something that needs fixed. Every time I run anonsurf from the terminal or the gui my resolv.conf gets overridden. None of these previous answers worked for me. The solution I found is this.
Type in the terminal:

sudo rm /etc/resolv.conf
sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 1.1.1.1
ctrl-o ctrl-x

That’s it, but you’re probably going to have to do it every time you run anonsurf

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.