How to work with parrot security os?

Recently I downloaded parrot os. Where I can find command list with all of parrot’s commands?
How to hack someone, hack wifi, flash drive, charger or something what parrot can? What commands do I need for it? Submit videos or articles that can help me. plz

Howdy, Noder_SS, I can say I am not a master tech of the IT/pen-testing world, but I think this can help out a bit. I also do not know all of everyone’s skills or abilities, so here is a general amount of knowledge.

https://learn-bash.org/ One of the most fun and exciting things about linux, is that users can get under the hood and have a lot of flexibility. Sometimes this also requires some basic to intermediate/advanced knowledge of bash (which is the terminal language) knowing how to change to a different directory in a command line, make a new files, using nano and man pages, chmod, sudo apt, grep, ssh, and other functions. Just being able to run commands as a super user is awesome because super users are not limited like in windows, where even if running as an administrator there are some functions that are not allowed.

One great place to always go to is the user manuals, Parrot OS has a great starting place for people to learn the operating system here:

This helps with installing the system on a computer as a standalone install, dual boot, or even running in a program using virtualization like virtual box.

One of the tools that is documented in the parrot os documentation is nmap, Very neat tool, it can be used for pen-testing and other useful IT testing. Nmap | ParrotOS Documentation and if you need videos for step by step guides, just search nmap on youtube.

If say for instance a user installed the home edition and not the security edition, a user can use sudo apt install parrot-tools-full to download all of the pen-testing tools Parrot os has to offer. (99% of the time)

There is quite a few tools that can be used including wireless tools, forensic tools, vulnerability scanning, reverse engineering and other tools within parrot os. Just be warned there is a lot of tools available that, if used in the wrong way may cause a lot of issues.
Another site to learn about how some of these tools work or how to learn more about pen-testing is the following:

The website has a lot of information and study labs/guides that even allow users to run a virtual machine of Parrot OS on the cloud to run these classes.

A big thing about learning anything about computers, and doing certain tasks. Is learning how computers, operating systems, and computer networking operate. For instance, if someone wants to replace a tire with a spare on a car but the user does not know how to use a car jack or what tools/skills are needed to remove the wheel, they may not be able to replace the tire. So it may be beneficial to know what is the the difference is between WEP, 802.1x, and WPA3 if someone wants to be using a pen-testing tool in parrotOS for WIFI networks as an example.

Some channels to check out on youtube that have great content for Pen-testing, cyber security, and SysAdmin videos. Including learn about commands in linux, windows, and MacOS is the following:
NetworkChuck - Great detailed content, a lot of coffee breaks. Learn pentesting, networking, virtualization etc.
Loi Liang Yang - Very thorough step by step teachings of pentesting and other fun things on different devices.
and Professor Messer - If studying for the Comptia tests this dude is your go to. Playlists are amazing and cover everything a person in IT needs to know. (from basics to advanced)

In-fact I learned about Professor Messer and other great bug resolutions, problem solving, and how to use some pen-testing programs by searching and reading the Parrot OS community posts. This is the link I found out about Professor Messer: Looking For Advice - #2 by Masmer

Not to mention, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and other companies also have online training (some free like from Google) that can also jump-start training.

Again I’m just a random stranger on the internet that enjoys Parrot OS, but I hope this helps anyone enjoy the operating system as much as I do.

3 Likes

Assuming the term you used “hack” is joined with ethically.
Parrot OS is designed for anyone to everyone.
BTW You can learn hacking from tryhackme.com hackthebox is quite expensive…

And seriously man its 2022, go for a Google search for quick results.
HAPPY HACKING PAL!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.