I am a newbie, tried to update mirror and messed up

N: Ignoring file ‘parrot.list.save.4’ in directory ‘/etc/apt/sources.list.d/’ as it has an invalid filename extension

Parrot OS 4.9 64bit
Kernel Linux 5.5.0-1parrot1-amd64 x86_64
MATE 1.24.0

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
I am not sure about it. Downloaded ISO file into a USB and installed it

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no
No

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

N: Ignoring file ‘parrot.list.save.4’ in directory ‘/etc/apt/sources.list.d/’ as it has an invalid filename extension

Unable to update the mirror - don’t know the command
Tried pasting the selected mirror and used Ctrl +o it didn’t save the mirror in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list.

Please help

You can find current mirror list here:

https://docs.parrotsec.org/mirror-list/

Copy and paste the list into: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list

Then run:

sudo parrot-upgrade

2 Likes

You should rename parrot.list.save.4 to parrot.list

1 Like

the parrot.sh wasn’t replaced by parrotlinux.org?

1 Like

Thank you, its fixed!!

Thank you, its fixed!!!

1 Like

I’m hoping i didn’t disrupt my ability to upgrade with one of my recent changes…?
i’m on a very low spec machine,and i’m attempting to make the OS as lite as possible by removing unused programs.
samba was one of those,which i’ve since reinstalled because it seems ParrotOS uses that for more than i understood at the time…
since then,i haven’t seen any rolling upgrades available,and when checking,i get (failed to update index lists) as a response in terminal…
now,that could be normal,or it could be in response to the Apache page speed mod i have installed,which has a well known issue with upgrading in terminal.
my last rolling update was about a week ago,prior to the changes that i made.
has there been another since then?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.