I can't boot parrot from usb

Briefly describe your issue below:
Hello guys, first I’m new here and i don’t know if my post is in the right place or not, so plz I’m just need help I couldn’t boot parrot from usb, I have 32bit processor, but I used to install parrot without problems until this latest version i don’t know what’s the problem exactly, help plz.
I faced this error when i boot prrot from my usb: this kernel requires a x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
parrot home 4.5.1_amd46

What method did you use to install Parrot? Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? yes

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

when I try to boot parrot from USB I had this Error: this kernel requires a x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU.

Hi, welcome to our side ! I have a bad news for you, parrot does not provide any 32bit iso anymore. You downloaded the 64bit iso and obviously it doesnt work on 32bit cpu.
If you want to install parrot, install Debian and change the debian repo to parrot repo then run sudo apt update and sudo apt dist-upgrade the last one will transform your debian install into parrot.

3 Likes

Here is the documentation about parrot mirror:

https://parrotsec.org/docs/mirror-list/

2 Likes

@KileXt , thank you so much bro, it looks like a little hard, but i’ll try it.

@KileXt, what about the old versions of parrot , it will works if i try it?

Yes if you still have a 32 bit iso of parrot you can install it.

And about my solution to transform debian into parrot, this is a bit experimental, i have never done it myself but i heard of people doing it without issue. The result maybe a bit unstable. I have no idea how well it can go.
Give me a feedback if you try it.