I lost desktop I am stuck at tty1 screen only

Briefly describe your issue below:

What version of Parrot are you running? parrot security 4.6 upgraded to 4.7

What method did you use to install Parrot? Debian GTK

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes with windows 10)

I was running parrot sec os 4.6, I started update using parrot-upgrade but my battery rundown in the middle of package installation. Now I can’t access desktop I am stuck at tty1 screen. Can’t connect to internet to reinstall update or rollback. Pls help me, what do I do?

try to boot an old kernel (in grub menu) and then run the parrot-upgrade again

I did that already it didn’t boot it stops at tty1 login.
However, the kernel wasn’t updated. I had what you are trying to explain on My Lenovo, blank display after update. I had to boot from old kernel and delete the new ones before it gets back to normal booting.
But this one is different, the computer’s battery run down while the update is processing. And the kernel is not updated

Run the upgrade again in command line interface then wait for everything complete.

It refused to connect to the internet. Internet no reachable whenever I ping

There is a command like dpkg --configure -a or something like that

I did that + a guide someone posted in this forum it didn’t work. I had to delete the parrot partition from windows and re-install fresh parrot 4.6 from usb stick. And now it’s up and running, I did the update already all is working fine. If anybody have a solution to that he can help us before the thread is closed
thanks to all that have time to respond

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.