i need help with steam plz..

– Please Write here your help request –
hello iam kinda knew to linux and i really need help to install
steam on my Parrot OS Home Edition can anybody help me!?

• ParrotOS iso in use:

• Application used for flashing the iso:

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

These are the instructions how to install Steam on Debian . [note, I am not a gamer]
please make sure to read carefully before you start.
https://www.linuxcapable.com/install-steam-on-debian/

1 Like

Add i386 architecture, then find package steam then install

1 Like

thank you all for helping me but now i have gone to synaptic package manager and i think i have installed some thing there wen i was beginning to try to fix it, and now i don’t know how to remove all about steam valve ore the things i might have installed in synaptic manager. but thanks everybody i really like the fast responce from this community.

thanks for youre help but i can’t get it to work. and i will say iam kinda knew to a full install of linux and i am really lost, but do you think i have to purge the install an reinstall it? … and if yes can you help me with the cmd to purge the install?

thanks for youre help but i can’t get it to work. and i will say iam kinda knew to a full install of linux and i am really lost, but do you think i have to purge the install an reinstall it? … and if yes can you help me with the cmd to purge the install? and i cant get it to run even with youre help

What seems to be the issue?

1 Like

and i have allreade uninstalled it and i have add i386 architecture, and then downloadet steam and tryed to install it again

i have tryed but i will not work for me here is a pic of what the screen looked like after i have uninstalled steam and downloadet again and installed i386 architecture

and this is what it says in package in steam-launcher.
E: steam-launcher: no-changelog usr/share/doc/steam-launcher/changelog.gz (native package)
E: steam-launcher: package-installs-apt-keyring [etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/steam.gpg]
E: steam-launcher: package-installs-apt-sources [etc/apt/sources.list.d/steam.list]
E: steam-launcher: package-section-games-but-contains-no-game
W: steam-launcher: appstream-metadata-missing-modalias-provide lib/udev/rules.d/60-steam-input.rules
W: steam-launcher: appstream-metadata-missing-modalias-provide lib/udev/rules.d/60-steam-vr.rules
W: steam-launcher: no-manual-page [usr/bin/steamdeps]

Lintian finished with exit status 0

As the error message says you’re missing few libraries to run Steam. See if running this command helps

sudo apt install libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 libgl1:i386
1 Like

please share the full terminal log, from start till the end.

1 Like

cant replay with the log ? i have found it but cant paste it in here?

changelog.all.gz (10.3 KB)

Hi, from the changelog.all file provided by you I see that you might be lacking some packages. I would suggest looking for lines which say

Add libcrypt1 dependency.

or anything similar and make sure you have installed all of those dependencies. After reboot your system and try to launch steam.

1 Like

i have installed it i just found out. but i will try and restart anyway and will give a responce later.

1 Like

sudo apt install steam:i386 or something like that should download dependencies as well. You didn’t show the method you used to install steam so idk what was the problem.

1 Like

i don’t know eighter. i feel like i have tried everything know. but i can wait until i find the missing link. ore some one else does for me :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you messed up your installation somehow