I need to manually install parrot OS as a partition in my macOS using dual boot.

I already what some of you are gonna say,
‘why dual boot on the proprietary garbage that is macbook, just run it in virtual box’, you won’t even have keyboard and wifi enabled why put yourself through this?

I recently used a T2 ubuntu linux (https://wiki.t2linux.org) iso and it worked perfect the only problem was I had to download all the tools I was using on parrot. so I rather do a kernel swap after installing parrot and then keyboard, trackpad and wifi will work

so back to my original problem I created the partition I was going to install parrot os on on Mac disk utilities and then during installation I couldn’t figure out how to partition the partition to install parrot on since the installation menu for ubuntu is different for parrot and all the manuals online are for windows.

for the ubuntu install,
inside the partition that was created inside of macOS, the guide created a EFI partition and root partition.
inside the parrot os menu there was no option to create EFI partition.

and if I chose the replace partition option during the installation, it would have overwrote the location where the MacOS Ventura EFI was installed even after I specifically chose the partition that I made for it.

can anyone please help me with this. I could pay you for your time.

Did you format the new partition you created?
These graphical installers can’t cope with unformatted partitions…
Try formatting the partition as FAT32 in Mac OSX, then booting from the Parrot installer, it should see the new space and let it install there, reformatting it as needed.

Hope this helps

I did format it as FAT32 and when i got to the partition part of the graphical installer it was recognized as /dev/nvme0n1p3
i tried the guided partitioning and that stated it was going to replace the whole partition for parrot but when clicking apply it stated that 'the EFI system partition at /dev/nvme0n1p1 will be used for starting Parrot OS and thats the EFI partition for MacOs.

so i chose manual paritioning, and the settings for that is a llittle different than the ubuntu install so i dont know what to do here.

I need to know what to do after reaching this part right here

in the Ubuntu installation i was referring to, they started by deleting the /dev/nvme0n1p3. turning it into free space, and using that free space to create a EFI partition which i dont see how to with no EFI flags present. and they create a root partition to install the system on and i dont know how to with these settings.

next time, boot to parrot as a live system, and dont try and install it yet, use gparted to created the partitiuons as you need them, and then run the installer…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.