Increase Size of Icon Preview in Open Files Window (CAJA)

Hey y’all,

When trying to open files, the icon preview size is super small.
To Replicate what I mean, simple go to your email client or gmail and click attach file to it. The window that opens, there you will see the super small preview icons. See image attached.
Im trying to find a way to make it bigger.

Thank you
John

Version 5.2 Parrot OS
Kernel 6.0.0-12parrot1-amd64

its in settings menu, under sidebar icon size, default is size 16px, largest I think are 256, might be 512px

Hi @Fred_Sheehan , thanks for helping me out.
I cant find those settings any where. All I have is preferences under edit in Caja but those settings you mentioned are not there.
Could you please send me a screenshot where you found these settings?

Thanks
John

In list view, which is in your screenshot, you can’t change those icon sizes, you can only make them bigger in ‘icon preview’ mode.

This is common across all Unix systems, even Mac OSX

Hey @Fred_Sheehan
What you are talking about I dont have a problem with. That I know I can do.

Im talking about when I try to open a file. Go to your email for example and try to attach a file to it. When the file manager opens up, you will see what im talking about. I preview icons are so small, its insane.

Or open up GIMP, then in GIMP try to choose a file/image to open. Basically the window that opens (whatever you want to call it, file picker or file chooser/selector window) its different from the file manager.

I was trying to find a solution for like 2 hours yesterday. Apparently this is a known issue and they havent fixed this issue for like 18 years or so.

John

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.