Installation failure, plz help!

Briefly describe your issue below:

Hello Parrot Community! I’m excited to get started with this distro, but am having trouble installing as a VM. Full disclosure: I’m using Parallels on a MacBook Pro. I read instructions for VirtualBox install, and as they’re similar, decided I’d try. I get it to boot to the menu, but if I select either “Live Mode” (to test) or “Install” then “Standard Installer” I get the following error and the VM shuts down:

“[ 0.074024] ACPI Error: AE_NOT_FOUND, Evaluating _CRS (20180531/pci_link-274)”

Any ideas? I have not had any similar problems with any VMs, and I’m running Kali, Ubuntu, Mint, and bunch of Win VMs, etc.

What version of Parrot are you running? Trying to run 4.2.2, 64-bit for AMD

What method did you use to install Parrot? Can’t install…that’s the issue. Tried using Parrot’s Install function

Configured to multiboot with other systems? no

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Uncle Google said “outtdated bios”.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply Jarek!

At first I was going to thank you for being so kind, and not linking a “Here Let Me Google This For You” URL, but then I realized I’d LIKE to know what you googled to determine this.

It is an Intel-based MacBook, but Mac’s don’t really have “BIOS” so I’d like to see what led you to that conclusion to see if my SMC firmware is actually the problem. As far as I can tell, it’s all up-to-date for my OS X version (10.14.1).

Additional Info: Boot ROM: 251.0.0.0.0 and SMC Version 2.3f36

These are the components that make up a Mac’s “BIOS”.

Still can’t get install past that error. I’ve seen in other posts BIOS settings required…has anyone got Parrot to work on a MacBook? If so how?