Installation problem in uefi

– Please Write here your help request –
I am facing a problem with the installation. I tried many softwares. I burned the iso from my laptop, using fedora media writer, I burned the iso from another laptop, windows, I used rufus and balena etcher another time, but all to no avail. I even tried to install the home edition only, but I faced the same problem. Anyone got an idea??
my specs are : amd ryzen9 6900 hx, Nvidia rtx 3070ti, 64 gb ddr5 ram, 1 tb ssd

• ParrotOS iso in use:

• Application used for flashing the iso:

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

Screenshots:

Same error here also anyone has a fix?

Is this a bare metal install? you may need to supply other drivers for your devices, the BIOS/UEFI cannot talk to something on the bus…

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch06s04

did it work?

hold on, I don’t get it. it’s an ISO. shouldn’t work if I just load the uefi. I mean it worked that way with fedora, and other systems that I switched to. that was back when I was still deciding which system to choose

Just my 2 cents: Fedora and Ubuntu support (Microsoft’s) UEFI Secure Boot, while many others don’t (including Parrot). Is Secure Boot enabled in your BIOS?

nope, I made sure that it is disabled. many many times. IDK what to do next

I’m searching Google for you.

Is Parrot launching after those errors?

See if your computer/laptop has any BIOS updates available.

It could be a Nvidia issue.

Use Etcher to create a bootable live USB. If you can boot to the desktop, there are some commands you can run to check for boot messages. You can also wipe the drive and rebuild the partition table using GParted.

What are the results of running…

inxi -Fxxxrz

dmesg

lshw

nope. it just shows that one prompt then stays like that. I even left it like that for 4 hours, but nothing worked. I contacted the team on fb, but they only helped a little bit before just flat out ignoring me for whatever reason. this happens right after I press on install / try.

You say you disable secure boot, did you also disable windows quick-start [fast-boot]
you could always try purging the BIOS memory [disconnect everything from the laptop [except the battery ]switch on Wait for a few seconds, press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds,]] then try a re-start.

Have you tried installing another Linux OS, like Debian, to see if it is a Parrot 5.3 issue or a general issue with your hardware? Hope we can solve this for you.

I actually have. faced a similar problem with cent os, I also tried pop os, and it worked just fine. Now I am retrying pop…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.