Installing and working with hcxdumptool

It is easy to understand I am a newbie, so please I need you to understand. First I am trying to get how the installation process of this tool must be done.
Linux Parrot 6.1.0
Parrot 5.3 Security Edition

Hi I was following specific indications to install hxcdumptool but there are some differences.
There is a version installed by default on ParrotOS which is the 6.0.2-1+b1 but if I run the command line the program does not catch anything
Ok first it is recommended to clone as described:

git clone https://github.com/ZerBea/hcxdumptool.git
cd hcxdumptool
make

The installation is done with no problems but when I enter the command *sudo hcxdumptool -i wlxxx -o dumpfile pcapng -active_beacon-enable_status=15 
it shows the message
hcxdumptool: invalid option --o
Ive done it before with the same laptop but I had a problem and I don't remember what was the procedure I followed to do the installation, I think the problem is with the hcxtools package, if I look in the Synaptic Package Manager it shows me the hcxtools version 6.0.2-1+b1 and what I need is a more recent one. By the way the hcxdumptools I installed is the 6.3.2-1.
The hcxdumptool and the hcxtools showed in the Synaptic Manager are not installed.

If you can help me to find the right procedure to install this tool, thank you.
1 Like

Not that it is any of my business, but from the git repo README.md:

"hcxdumptool/hcxtools is NOT recommended to be used by unexperienced users or newbees. If you are not familiar with Linux generally or if you do not have at least a basic level of knowledge as mentioned in section “Requirements”, hcxdumptool/hcxtools is probably not what you are looking for. "

Having said that, can I ask if you have used the default installed version?
Can you tell me anything about the feature difference between the default version and the one you are trying to use so I can better understand what it is you are trying to do?

For example, are you actually typing “wlxxx” or are you simply not sharing the specific interface identifier of the wireless interface for privacy reasons? If it is the former, I think I have an easy solution for you…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.