Installing DisplayLink

Hi!

I recently installed ParrotOS and i am trying to install DisplayLink but it is giving me a very hard time. I have downloaded the newest sh file in the repository displaylink-debian, but it allways falis with the error:

Installing driver version: 5.2

DisplayLink Linux Software 5.2.14 install script called: install
Distribution discovered: Parrot GNU/Linux 4.7
Unsatisfied dependencies. Missing component: Linux headers for running kernel, 5.3.0-3parrot3-amd64.
This is a fatal error, cannot install DisplayLink Linux Software.

Is there anything i can do to solve this?

Sounds like it is telling you to get the Linux headers installed first then retry to install.

When installing a driver you need to have the headers for the exact version of your current running kernel. Look up the kernel-headers in Parrot’s repository/synaptic/apt and install them first.

I want to emphasize you need the exact same version of kernel-headers for your current kernel version to do this right.

After you satisfy this kernel-headers dependency, then retry installing the driver.

Btw, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

I think you should Message the Guy on Github also he may have answers and theres also a Issue tab on that site for asking these same questions like on here for support kinda…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.