Internet only working if anonsurf is running...?

Try remove anonsurf and install it again

1 Like

It is risky… The only way to use the internet on my machine is onion routing which is performed by anonsurf. Suppose I uninstalled it… and there is no internet to install it again! what would I do then?
The Internet also not working via Ethernet.

Is your Internet working without anonsurf?

I remember it now. It’s Palinuro wanted to change the way system takes DNS address. Look like resolvconf doesn’t run and that’s it.

Then download it, uninstall it and install downloaded files

Did it no use…

Any solution till now?

ah just don’t ask

1 Like

I recently resolved this very issue by downloading and running resolvconf.

Step 1: sudo apt install resolvconf
Step 2: disable Anonsurf (GUI or sudo anonsurf stop)
Step 3: sudo resolvconf -u
Step 4: reboot your machine if it doesn’t work immediately
Step 5: profit

4 Likes

Hi Maciek Kokot!
I followed the steps!
Thank you for your help, My issue is solved. I am accepting this as the solution.

1 Like

Glad it worked!

Which version / edition of Parrot did you use?

I noticed that a lot of previous solutions / workarounds were based on resolvconf operations, which seems to be missing from Parrot 5.0. Maybe that’s part of the problem.

Parrot OS 5.0 (Electro Ara) x86_64
and kernel 5.16.0-12parrot1-amd64

That’s the same as my setup. I’ll submit the issue to the Parrot team and see where it takes us.

Yeah, that’s a good idea.

As i said above: Palinuro removed it.

So much for my first issue submission…

Tnx a lot, Maciek! i’ve followed your steps and fixed the issue :wink:

1 Like

Oh yes thank you alot been trying to solve this issue for a while now. Now its resolved

1 Like

Hehe, resolved, get it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@cmaiek thanks for your help.
I’ve had a read through the chat & after using sudo apt install resolvconf, the output I get is:

Package resolvconf is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source. Package ‘resolvconf’ has no installation candidate”.

Whilst I’m trying to locate more info on the ‘other package’, any suggestions/workaround would be greatly appreciated, exact same issue as above.

Thanks.

Update
Incase anyone encounters the same problem, try using the sudo apt search resolvconf - this brings up a packages related to resolvconf & read up on the resolvconf & openresolv to see if addresses the issue.
Thanks

1 Like

I was playing around with Airgeddon and wifite. I have a total of three wifi adaptors that work with both programs. They do need to be put into monitor mode.

I thought that I did this to myself by forgetting to turn off monitor mode, but I was using eno1 as my internet line, not the wifi.

After trying anon, I noticed no internet and no resolvconf. I followed your steps and it worked like a charm.

Your steps were very helpful. Thank you very much.

I’m not sure what might have caused this.

Thank you for your solution. should be pinned.

2 Likes

yea got the same head headache i tryed to change etc/resolv.conf and i didn’t fit it and some times seem that after update
Usage: anonsurf

option Description
help Show help table. Try man anonsurf for more info
start Start system-wide Tor transparent proxy
stop Stop Tor proxy and return to clearnet
restart Restart Tor proxy daemon
changeid Change your identity on Tor network randomly
status Show current status of connection under Tor proxy
myip Check public IP address
status-boot Check if AnonSurf is enabled at boot
enable-boot Enable AnonSurf at boot
disable-boot Disable AnonSurf at boot

you have to put: anonsurf status-boot on root sudo su mean sudo anonsurf.
to see if it is sudo anonsurf enable-boot or not in my case i don’t remember that i had enable it. this enable anon from default setting and also miss configure sometime your virtual machines to internet. the virtual machine doesn’t connect to the internet if anonssurf its on but sometime it does. so i had to also configure my virtual machine to jump out with dns. 1) sudo apt install resolvconf
2) disable Anonsurf (gui or sudo stop anonsurf)
3) sudo resolvconf -u
4) reboot your machine (si no funcion exploit bug profit) i solved the problem but the problem of miss configuration of internet came back like 5 time again each time more harder and don work what worked before. unaccountable 8 hour at 2 week tweaking that and there big head each. of reboot vmm and reboot real computer too…!!. first you have to have resolv.conf put good dns. severname 1.1.1.1 it’s from cloud-fare. search internet the for more etc. the if not enough. after all this mean you configuration its OK the last moment today i realize that after reboot with resolvconf -u or maybe sudo apt-get update && upgrade. you al way have to check status-boot and firewall. yeah sometime it transform in default modes the firewall is dis-activated and even you have internet and have OK dns you can not connect…!! yeah…!! that just work such standard to me…!! so i had to activate my firewall the internet work again…!! by the way the virtual machine can bypass the dis activated firewall. configuring dns. i do really recommend Palinuro add some conkys to ad vise if firewall is not activated or not o anonssurf boot-enable or sensible things that if miss configure many things breaks or vulnerabilities. i also wonder why parrot steal use firefox 91 etc. and its not able to update. also the one that i have download web browser on parrot non of the is able to update…!! ;(…!! had to do the /opt stuff. every update…!! delete the old. not only that when i open with fire-jail y deletes all my config to Firefox. hope parrot OS team and Palinuro read this user experiences preferences opens color-full practicalities. before updates upgrade dist upgrades. was possible to surf internet with out knowing that firewall was enable or disable now if it is disable (No Warnings) and seem dns problem which is possible a form to block it as a technique but in reality is the firewall script add characteristic. same anonsurf enable-boot or disable-boot