Please complete our guideline for issue report or idea suggestion
If you are having an issue, please follow this
There are many kinds of issues: OS, software, server, … So you must know:
- Server issues will be fixed after report and we verify the problem. There will be no update patch for you. It is server side.
- 3rd party software / packages can’t be fixed by us. If we can spot the bug and have the fix, we will create merge request to original source and wait for their official version.
- Life is hard. For bug/ issue, please make sure your topic is only one. Dont make developers be terrorists.
- This is a rolling distro. Bugs and issues are expected. We recommend you have basic linux knowledge to deal with your system, so
Usually we don’t support issues that user faces by using his system in a wrong way. If you are new to Linux, make sure you didn’t make any mistake:
- Basic Linux: http://linux-training.be/
- How to not break Debian system: https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian or https://averagelinuxuser.com/how-not-to-break-your-debian-system/
- If you are having some questions, your answers might be in here: https://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser
- Your issue might be solved before (StackOverflow is a temple), try this: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/search-engines/answering-questions/
1. Your Parrot information
- OS version: run
DISTRIB_ID=Parrot DISTRIB_RELEASE=4.10 DISTRIB_CODENAME=rolling DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Parrot 4.10" PRETTY_NAME="Parrot GNU/Linux 4.10" NAME="Parrot GNU/Linux" ID=parrot ID_LIKE=debian VERSION="4.10" VERSION_ID="4.10" HOME_URL="https://www.parrotsec.org/" SUPPORT_URL="https://community.parrotsec.org/" BUG_REPORT_URL="https://community.parrotsec.org/"
- Kernel version: run
Linux parrot 5.8.0-2parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.8.10-2parrot1 (2020-10-05) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Or if you can’t do it, please tell us ISO version you downloaded.
** ISO information **
Version: 4.10 Desktop Environment: Mate Edition: Security Parrot
2. If you have this problem after fresh installation:
How did you create USB bootable?
- Software was used to make USB
- Steps of making USB bootable
How did you install OS?
- Debian installer or Calamares installer?
3. If your hardware doesn’t work: wifi doesn’t show, graphic issue:
- Your device name or output of `lspci` ``` Copy output here ``` - Did you try searching info about this issue on search engine? Please write **No** or any URL to this issue bellow
4. How did you get this error? Are there any steps to procedure it?
1. I installed this 2. I ran this new software 3. It shows me this or that
5. Error log or screenshot
** Insert error log and screenshot here**
Err:1 https://deb.parrot.sh/parrot rolling InRelease
Temporary failure resolving ‘deb.parrot.sh’
Err:2 https://deb.parrot.sh/parrot rolling-security InRelease
Temporary failure resolving ‘deb.parrot.sh’
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
2 packages can be upgraded. Run ‘apt list --upgradable’ to see them.
W: Failed to fetch https://deb.parrot.sh/parrot/dists/rolling/InRelease Temporary failure resolving ‘deb.parrot.sh’
W: Failed to fetch https://deb.parrot.sh/parrot/dists/rolling-security/InRelease Temporary failure resolving ‘deb.parrot.sh’
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
6. If you have any idea or suggestion about this issue please tell us
** Your information **
If you are having suggestion for our OS, please write it bellow
1. Current Parrot version and Parrot version you want it has
2. Its section and how it affects our system
- Pentesting / Forensic / Malware hunting / Privacy protection / …
- It is: AppArmor profile / software / system service / kernel module…
- when user runs this / start that, it can do…
3. Any other information about this idea
I have internet but I can surfing with TOR only. I tried to uninstall and install Firefox but nothing. I tried to Apt Update but I get the error message. I tried to surf internet on Chromium but nothing. I check the nameserver, verify the keyserver, check the source.list.d and the resolv.conf file but nothing work. I can stay just with Tor but at some point I have to upgrade Parrot. I have this problem from a couple of days and in the beginning I though that was just a Firefox problem but is not. Maybe is a Debian source problem? Any help, please