Is it safe to install Parrot alongside another distro?

Hi Everyone! I’m new here but not a new linux user, but new to penetration testing.
Is it a good idea to install Parrot in a dual boot config with another distro or does it work better on its own?

well dual booting is also very good option
many prefer running Parrot on a VM or VBox that is also ok if you have good pc configurations.
Dual Boot also works well but you should know how to install

2 Likes

I would like to use it in a laptop, not VM.
Would it make a difference if it was dual booting or is it better to have Parrot OS in a laptop by itself?

1 Like

I run a dedicated laptop on Parrot and a dual boot with Parrot and both rock solid so you will be ok which ever config you decide on :slight_smile:

1 Like

that is a matter of choice
you can do what you prefer

1 Like

Is the home edition stripped of all the tools? Because If this is the case I’ll install the security version.

yeah home edition doesn’t contains the tools
but once you have a home edition, you can install all the tools on top of it with a single command
so no worry

1 Like

Thank you for the info!

I use parrot os as daily driver along side windows 10 (since some software only supports windows platform) dualbooted. One thing that I really like about parrot os is very less resource consumption around 600-800 MB ram on startup or Idle state (use KDE desktop environment) . I don’t have enough ram to run parrot os as vm. So dualbooting is a good option.

2 Likes

yeah
that is what i recommended him at first
thanks for putting your opinion as well

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.