Is my vega 56 worthless

So my question is how worthless is my vega 56 gpu with this OS? I have all of the mesa drivers installed including mesa-utils, and all of the mesa libs as well. But hashcat doesn’t even recognize it as a device at all. I can’t get steam to run because it says the openGL gtx extension isn’t supported by my display. Is it possibly because these programs are sandboxed and not interfacing with the drivers? If anyone has had these issues and fixed them please let me know, because I really love this OS. It’s just driving me crazy not being able to use my GPU at all. Also installing the amdgpu-pro drivers I get a slew of dkms errors, so I am just trying to use mesa. Thanks.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

Linux parrot 4.19.0-parrot3-28t-amd64 #1 SMP Parrot 4.19.28-2parrot3.28t (2019-04-14) x86_64 GNU/Linux

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Debian standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

Yes

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

All mesa packages installed:
mesa-vulkan-drivers is already the newest version (18.3.4-2)
mesa-utils is already the newest version (8.4.0-1+b1)

Project is dead , simply leave vuln scanner and make your own custom script

Amzker I don’t know what you mean by the project is dead.

For anyone else viewing this I also get these errors as well. I was told that it could possibly be that the default nouveau Nvidia drivers could be causing this issue, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove them to check, I have checked everywhere and spent many hours googling. Any help is sincerely appreciated thanks!
Command: glxinfo | grep OpenGL
Output: Error: couldn’t find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
Command: sudo glxinfo | grep reduring
Output: Error: couldn’t find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

After properly installing the open-source drivers and doing an upgrade via: sudo parrot-upgrade && reboot

Everything works great I can even play some of my games with wine which is pretty cool, thanks guys. Favorite dist out! <3

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.