Karnel Panic - not syncing: VFS

Hi Yesterday i upgraded my Parrot OS and after rebooting it is showing

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown block(0,0)

How to resolve this issue.

I have run into this issue over and over again. There are some serious issues with 6.5.0. Does anyone know how to fix this or is there another update coming out soon? Anyone from Parrot aware of this issue and doing anything to fix it? 6.5.0 won’t work, I keep having to load 6.1.0. Actually, I was trying to run Arch Linux instead but i really love Parrot. Anyone know a fix? I’ve looked all over and can’t find one.

the same issue is being faced by me after the update and upgrade also the upgradation is not fully successful
let me know if you get any solution

There’s a fix that was posted by user Fred_Sheehan. Underneath this paragraph is a quote of his post. It worked like charm for me and I’m currently running on 6.5.0 Parrot OS, just minutes ago I was in the same boat as you. It boils down to going to your terminal and typing
“sudo apt remove realtek-rtl8188eus-dkms” followed by:
“sudo apt autoclean && sudo apt autoremove”

Hopefully this works!

dkms/realtek-rtl8188eus

That is a problematic module for all debian based systems, and not needed;

deleting the old not installable packages will fix it use:

sudo apt remove realtek-rtl8188eus-dkms

sudo apt autoclean && sudo apt autoremove

reboot and try again.

thanks, it worked…

#metoo
and working again with 6.5 after suggested

sudo apt remove realtek-rtl8188eus-dkms
sudo apt autoclean && sudo apt autoremove

Yes, I have the same issue still have to fix kernel update, so I’m using 6.0 kernel to solve this issue.

a kurwa od czego są autorzy, by usunąć te błędy???
ja pierdolÄ™.

To do this, how do you get to the terminal when the screen is black with small blinking cursor on upper left side?

1 Like

@secinject hello, I tried all these commands several times in both 6.1 & 6.1 recovery mode but doesn’t work for me. I also tried upgrading OS, updating grub as described in Parrot OS community group.
can you tell me how it worked out for you or is there any other way?

Can you describe the process, I’ve tried the solution (“sudo apt remove realtek-rtl8188eus-dkms” followed by “sudo apt autoclean && sudo apt autoremove”) multiple times but doesn’t fix the issue.

I had 6.1 installed, did a huge update of like +2000 packages then the kernel panic started happening when i booted uo normally. So I booted into 6.1 (not in recovery mode) and did those commands exactly as you described… Then I rebooted and my 6.5 version worked so idk what to tell ya man, I didn’t even discover the fix just forwarded it along… are you getting the exact same kernel panic error as everyone?

Also instead of doing sudo apt upgrade, do sudo parrot-upgrade when doing upgrades. Idk try reflashing Parrot, apt update → apt parrot-upgrade then boot into 6.1 then do those ccommands in terminal…

Yes, I’m getting kernel panic error as everyone.
Thanks for the suggestion.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.