Lazarus on Parrot Security Edition 5.0.1

Hi. I’m actually playing a lot around with virtual machines and one thing that I try on all of them is the installation of Lazarus/Free Pascal. For a good dozen of Linux distributions, I succeeded; Parrot Security 5.0.1 is the first one where I didn’t. The problem seems to be the following:
Unmet dependencies: libatkl.0-dev depending on libatkl.0-0 (= 2.36.0-2) but 2.38.0-1~bpoll+1 is to be installed and depending on girl.2.atk-1.0 (= 2.36.0-2) but … (as above).
Does that mean that version 2.36 is needed but 2.38 is installed? What can I do about that? Is there someone who succeeded to install Lazarus/Free Pascal on 5.0.1?
Thank a lot for any help.
Have a nice day!

Hi Aly,

Trying lazarus-2.2.2-0, both a fully updated Parrot 5.1 and updated Kali 2022.3 have issues.

But lazarus-2.0.10 appears to install fine.

I actually posted yesterday, but the post is not displayed? Are posts to be validated and this takes some time?

Anyway, I tried Lazarus 2.0.10. FPC and sources installed without problem, but Lazarus did not find the necessary dependencies. Install aborted with the message: Failed to fetch https://deb.parrot.sh/parrot/pool/main/g/gdk-pixbuf/libgdk-pixbuf-2.0-dev_2.42.2%2Bdfsg-1_amd64.deb 404 Not Found.

I’m not a Linux user and I have not the time to try and try and try. Is there a simple way to solve such issues. Or should I simply consider that Lazarus on Parrot 5.0.1 does not work? These are things that are difficult to understand by a non-professuinal: Parrot is based on Debian, Lazarus works on half a dozen of my Debian based VMs, why these problems on Parrot?
Thanks anyway.

Have you tried downloading the “missing” package. And installing via GDebi or dpkg?

https://deb.parrot.sh/parrot/pool/main/g/gdk-pixbuf/libgdk-pixbuf-2.0-dev_2.42.2%2Bdfsg-1%2Bdeb11u1_amd64.deb

I actually did install the missing package. Using Aptget. And I got other problems, that I did not succeed to resolve. I did not try with GDebi and dpkg (I never used these). In fact, I’ve given up. Parrot OS is for me a trial like other Linux distributions. And the installation of Lazarus is not a need for me, but just in relationship with my Lazarus programming website, where I also publish tutorials concerning the installation of Lazarus/FPC on different platforms. So, trying twice or three times is ok, but after that it becomes too time consuming for me. I agree, that’s not professional. But, I’m not a professional and continuing to try would appear to me as loosing my time (that is precious if you are 60). Important for me, however, to add: Thanks for your concern!

That’s understandable. Parrot caters to users into pentesting, security and anonymity. Eventually some package updates should fix the issue with Lazarus, but your time is ticking.