Lenovo Ideapad 5i pro issue

Hello, I bought a Laptop Lenovo ideapad 5i pro for my cybersecurity studies.

I always use Kali linux but I wanted to try Parrot OS 5.3 Electro Ara because i tried it on my extremely old HP laptop and I liked it.

But for my new laptop it didn’t go well as you see in the picture even after installing and updating, whenever i change the screen resolution it go black and i need to force shutdown
I think it’s a driver problem, but can you please help me ?

My laptop specs:
16 Gb RAM
Windows 11 Pro (dual boot with Kali linux, until Parrot OS is fixed)
i7-1165g7
Nvme Samsung 512Gb

Thank you in advance

If you can, whist using Parrot, run inxi -G and copy/paste back the results

Thank you for your reply I will give it a try

I did it and got this

That looks ok to me,
one suggestion I found [provided you are not using it for gaming on linux] is to reduce the refresh rate to around 60hz.
But I will have another scout round the Debian forums when I get a bit of spare time.

I use this OS for my cybersecurity studies, for now Kali linux work perfectly without any drivers or software problems…

the problem when i change the resolution or the refresh rate, the screen become black and I need to force shutdown. So maybe it’s a problem from Parrot OS ?

HI
It’s a bit long-winded, but I found this interesting [on Reddit] [ looks like it may be a kernel problem]

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxhardware/comments/p4vh6v/ideapad_5_pro_integrated_graphics/

Hi,

Thank you for your time searching for me, what do you suggest for me then ?
Maybe I am thinking to stay on Kali linux in this case, until a new update is released and see if they fixed it, or conntact directly the devloppers of Parrot OS.

And BTW, Linux Mint have the same problem too.

Mint, Ubuntu, Parrot, and many others are still on Kernel 5.10, your machine is so new it needs at least 5.16 you can get 6.1.39 LTS from the kernel source repository, it should work OK, but again it may cause problems with some older packages …tarball can be found here…https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v6.x/linux-6.1.39.tar.xz

Infinity thank you for your time, I will check it now

1 Like

exuse me again, the file that I downloaded what should I do with it :sweat_smile:

un zip and install… :wink:

1 Like

thank you soooo much for your time and help

not a problem, fingers crossed that it works.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.