Looking to join parrot have some questions though

I want to install Parrot home but I’m used to XFCE how would I go about swapping to XFCE?

Are is Mate resource safe I have like almost 30 gigs RAM and an i7 on my laptop I dislike things running super smooth no resource plugs and really nice.

I’m a cybersecurity student I’ll mainly be using it to mess around maybe do some CTFs but a lot of my work will be out of virtual machines.

Or would it be better just to install phone box or parrot security cuz I’m going to be using this as a daily driver but I will be using virtual machines on it

T480s ThinkPad i78650u 30g ram

Wizard takes off parrot hat and puts on general Linux hat, to give personal thoughts to this question.

In general, Linux is infinitely customisable, swapping desktops is always possible, but not always advisable as in many instances the distribution developer will have tweaked the desktop to best suit their distribution,

Personally, I do not recommend using any of the half dozen or so special built pen-testing distributions as a daily drive, as they are developed for one use only, Parrot Home is a good general Linux distribution [and one that I use]

As a student [you probably have one machine], so again personally I would recommend you put your pen-testing distribution in a VM, then If anything goes wrong, and you Bulk it, it will be easier to replace without loosing any personal stuff on the host.

These are personal thoughts and may differ from other users.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.