Looping on lockscreen even after having inserted the correct credentials

Hello,

I am experiencing a very strange problem. After launching Parrot OS, I have to togin with my user ID and my password. It has always worked until today.

I insert my credentials but after that I come back to the lockscreen again. In fact I can’t login even if have the correct user and password to do it.

Is there a way I can fix this or reinstall a part of Parrot without having to do a fresh install ? Is it possible to repair it ?

Thanks for your help.

• Parrot version in use (5.18.)

can you open a terminal? if so then you could try running, apt --fix-missing update followed by apt upgrade && apt update [you may need to run as sudo]

Hello and thank you for your answer.
I can start in recovery mode but output are :

you could the the solution in this post… how to fix

I started the machin in Recovery mode and then login as root I typed all the commande lines.

None of gave gave me a good output.

Is there a ways to repair it with the installation .iso?

Hi,

thank you again for your help.

Still doesn’t work with those command lines

Dished that configuration and reinstalled a new one. Topic closed.

@Cottonwoodhill

That used to drive me crazy too. We get too much spam and crazy posts when users can post freely. A few of us are moderators who can approve posts. I try to visit often when I’m awake to allow posts. I’m not in charge though. I just do my best to help others with my limited knowledge.

ok, thanks for your answer.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.