Maltego not working

Whenever I am trying to work on Maltego CE it is not responding at all. When tried to open in terminal it is showing the following warnings. Please look at this issue:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.netbeans.ProxyURLStreamHandlerFactory (file:/home/syam/Downloads/maltego_4.2.16/platform/lib/boot.jar) to field java.net.URL.handler
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.netbeans.ProxyURLStreamHandlerFactory
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no splashscreen in java.library.path: [/usr/java/packages/lib, /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni, /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu, /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu, /usr/lib/jni, /lib, /usr/lib]
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2680)
at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:807)
at java.base/java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1909)
at java.desktop/java.awt.SplashScreen$1.run(SplashScreen.java:134)
at java.desktop/java.awt.SplashScreen$1.run(SplashScreen.java:132)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:312)
at java.desktop/java.awt.SplashScreen.getSplashScreen(SplashScreen.java:131)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.Splash.(Splash.java:122)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.Splash.getInstance(Splash.java:60)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.start(Main.java:271)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.TopThreadGroup.run(TopThreadGroup.java:98)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:830)

2 Likes

I am also having a similar issue with maltego, not sure if it is the opnjava version that is installed. I have 13. I try running maltego and nothing happens.

Works fine for me both root user and normal user. Make sure you try different java jre or anything related.

it was working fine for me before too, but after some days it stopped working. I had also reinstalled the program and still its shows the same

even with diffrent java versions (8,11,13)

1. Type Maltego in Menue search, 2) select ‘Maltego memory config’ 3) Set path to default-java
  2. Eventually decrease max. memory (had to do down from 32GB to lower value).

(probably the default settings were reactivated, for me worked with this memory config change, also removed/reinstalled Maltego which was probably not required at all ).

Thanks, bro this helped out :slightly_smiling_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. The main problem happening was solved with your help :innocent:, but after updating and upgrading ,maltego goes to 0kali-release than the downloaded version from web, disabling maltego_memory_config from further use

following it then after-screenshot (apt update && apt full-upgrade )
but maltego accessable

Thanks bro :slightly_smiling_face:

issue solved

Sorry you used version from website then complains about it doesn’t work and ask for help for something unofficial?

**SOLVED **
iam also having the same issue with maltego…

1. go to the official website of maltego…

dont use apt upgrade…

2.install maltego .deb file using your terminal like sudo apt install ./Maltego.v4.2.18.13878.deb

3.type maltego_memory_config

its open a java options window, and please reduce your maximum memmory … i recommended 1350mb

ath replace your path to /usr/lib/jvm/default-java
and simply click ok

1. lastly type maltego in your terminal

**good luck and good bye**