Missing executable files after uprading to parrot 6.0

– Please Write here your help request, –

Hello ,

After upgrading from Parrot sec 5.3 to Parrot 6.0, i think the system was not fully upgraded. I’m receiving this error “Missing executable file kcmshell5 at launcher /usr/share/applications/kcm_trash.desktop
Launchers are updated”, how can i solve this error?

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

VERSION 6.0

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

versio 6.5.0-3parrot1-amd64

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

It looks like this file is related to the KDE desktop GUI.
Are you using KDE? I thought the default GUI is MATE
were you using a different GUI before you upgraded?
if so, this is probably related to that and the upgrade replaced the GUI with the default, potentially leaving some remnant files behind.

Is parrot 6 already out?

No ISO is currently available for 6.0. Apparently, Parrot 5.3 (Electro Ara) systems are upgrading (when parrot-upgrade is used) to a “non-finalized” (?) version of 6.0 (Lory). The developers will eventually make ISOs available.

1 Like

I hope very soon as that upgrade is a puzzle at 3 to 5 questions in between and last like 4 hours…

Yes, it will be nice when the developers along with the newly hired package maintainer get the transition from 5 (Ara) to 6 (Lory) fixed and provide a more stable build. The Parrot devs seem to mainly use a Telegram group to communicate and occasionally post replies or updates in this community.

1 Like

For a Privacy focused OS using TeleGram as main contact for this upgrade… I don’t use that crap. They should be here or NOT release any unattended upgrade without any support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.