Missing user settings and time settings

So, many of you have voiced that you are missing the user settings and time settings menus in your administration tab, I was checking my logs and it seemed that I was missing my
Gnome settings menu which I installed via apt and I now have the missing menus. There are a few people studying this who believe that the way you installed vs upgrade is connected so comment if you updated from 4.2 or fresh installed 4.3 and if you have those menus or not when the system was updated
Or
upgraded

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
4.3 amd64 06/10/18
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental) expert graphical install after typo fix

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no) yes

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

U can dowload : gnome-system-tools and look if all is good.

Fresh Install, menus are missing. When i get home i’ll do an update/upgrade on my other pc and see if they remain or get removed.

GTK installer
yes/no as i installed parrot on a seperate nvme that i bought and inserted into an empty slot in my laptop.

Edit: I did an update through Synaptic Package Manager on my other pc and everything remain, one think i noticed is that on my laptop i have a Parrot terminal icon, and on my desktop it has folder icons.

Time settings missing here…Not sure about the menus…new to Mate…Fresh, updated and upgraded with apt command, encrypted, persistent live usb.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Parrot-security-4.3_i386
“installed” with dd

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No multiboot

EDIT::: I found the time settings after all…just not in the Control Center with the rest of the settings…Not sure if this helps or not…

To fix it , and waiting the next iso , you must dowload : gnome-system-tools , you can find it on synaptic.
So why gnome-system-tools and not mate-system-tools, because mate-system-tools was remove from testing , mate-system-tools was a fork to gnome-system-tools so Debian choose to keep it on mate-desktop-environment-extras .

1 Like

So thank you for naming the package! I had written this and had to do something in the middle and i couldnt for the life of me remember the actual package name and didmt have my rig nearby to check it lol i opted to post anyway as i knew either one person would name it correctly because they were awesome, and it would hopefully get some people on the right track! Also thank you for clarifying the reason, i was wondering why exactly there were suddenly more gnome-ey

1 Like