My Android Phone Won't Mount Anymore

Briefly describe your issue below:

I have 2x Galaxy S7 phones & both of these would be recognized in Mate under “Places.” I would then just double click on the menu item, to log onto my phones. Of course, I would have to allow this on the phone, when the popup appeared. Parrot, no longer even recognizes either of my phones; so no item appears in the menu under “Places.” Perhaps, this is a new security feature? I do however have to frequently transfer files to my phone. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Operating System: Parrot GNU/Linux 4.4
Kernel: Linux 4.18.0-parrot20-amd64
Architecture: x86-64

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Provided installer

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no) No.

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Well there are several ways to access a removable device assuming it has the necessary support(updates/upgrades to the Android system maybe the culprit) but if I understand this right the phones dont appear in on the menus anymore, yes? Have you looked with a file manager, you may have to enable volume managment in the manager preferences. If not in the sidepane window you should check the /mnt(mount) dir/part and see if anything is there.

lshw, lsblk or lsusb from terminal should help also. Might also just be that you haven’t set the automount remove device options.

1 Like

No it’s not security feature
I faced this problem long time ago…
That time solved by login in root user

I also Have S7 and it’s mount perfectly
Without any error

Yes for transfer your files Best way is use
Shareit It’s will Tramsfer In LAN (Most fast😁) . This is best way when USB not working

As Your Error I Think Mistaken Some Driver will deleted
Type blkid And see what it’s Mounted or not
This time not know perfect solution
You may try to upgrade system
I will post solution , i am going to do experiment with it

Try to add your android during boot

EDIT

Solution

I Managed to create fully working script for it
not need to do anything jusrt run

INSTALLING !

1. Download This script
  2. Run ./install.sh as root
  3. After install done Reboot Your System

HOW TO USE

1. Plug Your Android

2. Give File Transfer

3. Open Application>Sound And Video>gMTP
    it Take time For Detect [ Cuz i am noob at programming ]
    little system hanged up but wait for 5 min
    after that it works :wink:

VIDEO FOR THIS

1 Like

This problem is mostly caused by driver issues. Try accessing the device as root and look into /mnt since all the mounted devices are shown there.

cheers!