My Wifi stops at times

–Hi, im new to Parrot OS (and linux) and I’ve been trying to fix this for several hours with no success.
As you can see from the screenshot i´ve got the Drivers installed with everything running fine. The problem is that the internet stops at times, making it very difficult to surf fast and impossible to watch videos. I´ve tried changing the power_save,swcrypto,disabling random mac addresses and putting TSO off but nothing worked. If you could help me that would be awesome. Thx.–

• Dual-Boot with Windows 10 (in windows the internet is fine)

• Parrot OS 5.2 (Electro Ara)

• uname -a → Linux parrot 6.0.0-12parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.0.12-1parrot1 (2023-01-12) x86_64 GNU/Linux

• Anonsurf is not running

I can see your using a laptop with a pretty new WiFi adapter in it, and that is likely the issue!
Unfortunately, Linux drivers are often behind in performance compared to the Windows drivers…

Try setting 2.4 GHz only, in the laptop, or the router, and see if it becomes stable…

One other thought here, if your router uses the same SSID for 2.4GHz and 5GHz as many home routers do, the other way to promote stability is to seperate the wireless networks out into 2 seperate SSID’s and then your 5GHz WiFi will only connect to the 5GHz and not keep ‘swapping’

I have had to do this myself to stop 5GHz being a bit patchy on my own router (again 'shared SSID’s that I have now seperated out into 2 networks)

1 Like

Thank you very much, i´m now using 2.4GHz and everything is fine.
Thanks again for responding.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.