Network not working properly - Virtual Box

Briefly describe your issue below:
Currently using VirtualBox with parrot vm, Network set to bridged adapter and the correct network driver and I am not getting internet into my VM. If I ping an outside website in the console it works fine but when I go to use any browser or install anything it doesn’t work properly. I have my promiscuous mode set to allow all as well.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
Security VM
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian Standard VM
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No
List your networking hardware (make, model, firmware version):
TP-Link N900 with driver TP-Link Wireless PCI-E Adapter
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

What error does it give when you try to install stuff? Or when you try to use the browser?

Seems strange that you can ping addresses but nothing else. Possibly a DNS issue?

you should edit /etc/resolve.conf
and add google dns there

RE: promiscuous mode
if the TP-Link N900 is the adapter which is set in your Virtual Box Manager to use as a bridged adapter, then it is virtualized, in the vitual machine, as eth0 and any WIRELESS hacking tools within your virtual machine will not function. If your host machine has ethernet, or another wireless device, bridge to that, and then enable the TP-Link N900 in your virtual machine with iwconfig or airmon-ng.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.