No Bluetooth Adapters available

– Please Write here your help request, –
Hello All,

I have bought a new laptop ‘ASUS k513 i5 11th gen’. it had windows 10 installed by default. I removed that and installed Parrot OS Home KDE.
Yet it is working fine but when it comes to bluetooth, it is not working. Hardware for bluetooth is available in machine but don’t know why it is not being detected.

When I open bluetooth panel, it gives a message saying ‘No Bluetooth Adapters Available’

Parrot version in use

VERSION_ID=“5.0”
VERSION=“5.0 (LTS)”
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye

Kernel version

5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64

Screenshot_20220108_195206

was the BT working on Win 10??

Also check :

sudo service bluetooth status

also check

sudo service bluetooth status

I installed the Parrot OS just after getting it. So didn’t check BT on windows.

Status was active (running)

Hi. It is usually built into the wifi card, but the driver is probably missing here. Find your wifi card model and download/install the driver.

Hello. Let me tell you the scenario. After the installation of Parrot OS, since bluetooth was not working, I installed Windows 11 and in that I installed Virtual Machine (VMware) and started using Parrot there. In windows, everything was working as it should work. And I were going with that. After that, I installed it multiple times, following were the results:

1. bluetooth worked, wifi not detected
  2. bluetooth and wifi, both were working (sometimes bluetooth wouldn’t work and sometimes it would)
  3. wifi is working but bluetooth is not working.

Since, you are one of the core developers, I assume you may have some logical explanation for that. Kindly guide me what should i do?

Hello. As I wrote above, I would need to know the model of your wifi card. I advise you to use a software that gives various useful information on your computer, for example: sudo apt install inxi, type inxi on a terminal, with inxi -F you have the complete information, from there you should find out what the model of your wifi card is. It is possible that being a intel driver the correct drivers need to be installed.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.