No Internet and ping of router 800ms+.

– Please Write here your help request –
I installed Parrot 5 on a new 64G USB3 memory stick, with persistence set up. It worked fine for a few days, but I now can’t get the Internet. Also ping times are very long and can be over 1000ms, even to my router which is connected via Ethernet, a metre away. As I can’t now get the 'net, I can’t update the system. I also can’t use my VPN. The host laptop I’m using the USB stick on uses Xubuntu and the ping times are fine, so I guess that it’s not a hardware problem.
I’m not using Anonsurf as it didn’t play well with my VPN.

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

• Anonsurf running? (yes/no)

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Hello. What did you use to set persistence on the usb? Rufus?

Thanks for the reply.
I didn’t knowingly use ‘Rufus’ to set persistence on the USB (What’s Rufus anyway?). Persistence seems to work OK anyway.

I got the 'net back by following another thread which advised installing and starting resolvconf.

My situation now is that I have the 'net, but it’s virtually unusable as it’s so slow - it took all night to do an update. On the host system I get 220Mbps down and 21Mbps up.
With the Parrot usb system I get 0.20Mbps down and 3Mbps up.

Jim

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.