No interntet after tor and kalitorify stopped working properly

Hello, something went wrong while using kalitorify, I removed it, anonsurf and tor service as well but now I do not have internet. I also removed wireguard but I still have no internet (Ethernet).

I restarted the computer and that did not work either. I do have internet on my windows PC (Ethernet) and mobile phone (WiFi)

Thank you in advance.

VERSION_ID=“5.0”
VERSION=“5.0 (Electro Ara)”
VERSION_CODENAME=ara

5.18.0-1parrot1-amd64

Is this on a laptop? Have you checked, it hasn’t slipped into hard block [flight mode] have you changed any of the BIOS/UEFI settings ?
Simple trick [may not work, but often does] whist switched on press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds, then switch on [this forces a bios re-boot]
still not working? From the terminal, run inxi -Nn and copy back the results in full

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your response. I think it does not have flight mode and I haven’t touched the bio settings. Here are the results:

Device-1: Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network driver: e1000e
  IF: eno1 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: 24:b6:fd:fa:97:df
  Device-2: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 driver: iwlwifi
  IF: wlp2s0 state: down mac: d6:89:7c:b7:a9:2b
  IF-ID-1: lxcbr0 state: down mac: 00:16:3e:00:00:00
  IF-ID-2: wg0 state: unknown speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: N/A

most if not all laptops made after 2010 will have a flight mode, if you give me the full make & model number I can check it out.
right lets read your report…
device 1 [main board and Ethernet looks OK
device 2 looks like the correct driver but is down [because it cannot make a connection]
ID 1 is the bridge and its down [without this the wi-fi cannot connect, see https://wiki.debian.org/LXC/SimpleBridge
ID 2 is the wireguard VPN
so my best assessment the lxc bridge needs fixing

1 Like

I see, I how can I see the make and model number?

I see, what happens is that I use Ethernet with this computer, I have never used wifi because I don’t know how to set it up.

How do I fix that, I thought I removed it? What do you recommend in this case?

So I have tried to remove wireguard again but it says “package is not installed, so not removed” it also listed other packages that are not longer needed but it did not remove them.

I was able to remove them.

I used the manual you shared, when I try /etc/init.d/networking restarted the computer.

Saddly still no internet :pensive:

there should be a maker’s plate either on the base or under the battery

VPN’s are not my realm, so I will have to dig around

try sudo apt purge wireguard

then try running a software update

Thanks, I tried it but it did not work. Unfortunately I cannot do software update because I have no internet.

Or maybe you mean something different? Sorry I am a beginner.

prehaps @darknight may have an idea

1 Like

If no one comes back with any ideas in the next couple of days [helpers on this and other forums are volunteers and so may not look in every day],
my only other suggestions are
1] Did you install timeshift [or similar] back up program, then use a snapshot from before your problems started and run a re-store.
2, If all else fails save any/all important files and folders to an external source and re-install

1 Like

Hi thank you, I do not have a backup program :frowning:
I just discovered that I have internet on recovery mode terminal.

Seems that one of the programs is blocking the internet in regular mode.

Hi one more update, I booted with the option that turns off ENVIDIA etc. And the internet works fine I am not sure how to go about this should I update or reinstall something? :thinking:

I’m not sure if this will work, but you can try, [you may need to enter your sudo password after each command]
sudo apt --fix-missing update

sudo apt update

sudo apt install -f

if this dosnt work come back and we can try dpkg [a little more complicated]

1 Like

Uhm who is he? LoL

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.