No kernel modules are ever built correctly

Briefly describe your issue below:
All kernel modules fail when it comes to the depmod section. I am trying to reuse bbswitch so that I can disable my dGPU whenever I’m on battery. But it doesn’t work. So I thought I’d just install the nvidia driver so that I can force the GPU into the lowest possible clock settings via powermizer. That also fails to build. They all fail to build.

What version of Parrot are you running?
Testing

What method did you use to install Parrot?
Debian
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
None of the other issues seem to work.

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
bbswitch.ko:
Running module version sanity check.
modinfo: ERROR: missing module or filename.

• Original module
    • No original module exists within this kernel
  • Installation
    • Installing to /lib/modules/5.3.0-1parrot1-amd64/kernel/drivers/acpi/

depmod…
Job for systemd-modules-load.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

1 Like

Hi and welcome @133794m3r

Thx for reporting your issues with the kernel. We’re going to report it on our bug list and we’re going to fix it as soon as possible.

Pls be patient for the meanwhile. Thx.

Cheers

Andi

The issue was bbswitch module was put into the kernel modules as “bbsswitch” for some reason. Don’t ask me why but when I cleared the module list all modules started building fine. I had never even looked into the file before but that seems to have been the issue for some reason the bbswitch module when installed from the repo just screwed it up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.