No sound only click in headphones

it should have come back on when you switched your box back on.
after a bit more looking around, it seems quite a common problem on Ubuntu 20. based distributions

this claims to work, but never tried it myself
https://ulyssesonline.com/2012/09/04/install-alsa-audio-driver-on-ubuntu/

I tried it nothing …
And even the click sound in my headphones wasnt there so I typed back 0 instead of generic and now at least the click sound is there but maan nothing is working :frowning: :frowning:

Now I found out that my mic is not working anymore funny :smiley:

when I talk the input level is not showing anything :smiley:

sorry then Andej , I am about out of ideas,
I know there are problems with Ubuntu 20-* +,some hardware & pulse we have tried everything I can think of that normally works, apart from re-installing with a fresh download :unamused:

Ok thanks for the help man nonetheless.
Im going to try Kali regrettably.

that’s ok, but before you even try Kali make sure you read all the documentation before you start, or drop in on Linux org and read the first and third post in their Kali sub forum [and some other post in that forum, it will give you an idea of what you may be up against.

1 Like

Elemental, Thank you, works!

Dud yall try to boot with ACPI off? Im not sure why but thats the only way i can get sound from parrot on my HP dy2xxx . Course then my touch pad doesnt work… Choices huh

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.