Nvidia Driver Issues

– Hi, im new to Parrot OS and Linux and i re-encountered this problem that i had previously solved. As you can see from the screenshot I´ve got blacklisted nouveau and everything was running fine until a couple of days ago when nouveau,vesa started to load again. I´ve tried a lot but couldn´t solve it. If you could help me that would be awesome.Thx
(Note: i cant use Nouveau because it makes my Laptop CPU go to 80% most of the time)–

• Dual-Boot with Windows 10

• RTX 3060 Mobile / AMD Ryzen 5800H with Radeon Graphics

• Parrot version in use ----> 5.2 Electro Ara

• Kernel version —> 6.1.0-0.deb11.5-amd64

• Screenshots:

Have you tried reinstalliing the nvidia drivers?

1 Like

I have uninstalled and purged the Nvidia files and driver but now i got this error while re-installing it with sudo apt install nvidia-driver -t parrot-backports

Sorry for late reply, been busy with training for work.

if you do an;
apt search nvidia

you will get back a list of what available, I don’t think nvidia-driver is the correct way to install nvidia drivers and associated files, I believe its the nvidfia-cuda drivers.

I don’t have access to my Parrot install to check right now, I’m away on a training course, but if you search you should get the most current cuda driver install listed.

The only other thing which may be causing issues is the dual cards, nvidia discreet will need a different driver than the AMD drivers.

This should give you more idea of how to set this up;

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/NVIDIA_Optimus

Don’t worry about the late replies, I really appreciate your help. Today i wake up to the login screen loop, ( i didnt changed anything about the previous post) and after accidentally making myself stuck in the terminal I got back again to the login loop and i don’t know what to do. I might kms. Thx for the help so far

for log in loops when grub is booting, choose the advanced option, and you can disable GPU drivers which are the most likely cause of boot loops.

set it to vga for example, until its booted and you can install the correct drivers.

Thanks for replying. How can i disable My drivers and then load the VGA drivers?

At initial grub prompt, press shift and choose advanced start up otion and set vga mode…

1 Like

Okay vga mode worked, i ran apt search nvidia and only saw 510 and older drivers which are too old for the 6.1. kernel. Should i install the drivers from a .run file? I’ve heard that some have had problems but tbh i dont know.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.