[Off topic] What made you use the parrot?

Dude this theme is fire :fire: :fire:
Can you share with me?

Well… it’s the only linux distro that never failed me no matter what I’ve tried/messed up/tried.
It 's lightweight and stable, comes with a ton of tools for work, it’s highly customizable if you want to daily drive it. And maybe the most important, it has some kind of aura that other distros do not.

I use parrot for work, pen-testing, learning, gaming, surfing, privacy etc.

It’s just simply great.

2 Likes

I have run Windows, Mac, and Linux on hardware, emulators, and VMs since 1996 (Win 3.1, System 7.5, MkLinux).

I first got into pen-testing distros around BackTrack 4 (~2010). It had more tools than standard Linux distros and I liked the intrigue of having access to “hacking tools” which maybe someday I’d learn.

I distro-hopped a lot using VMs. Kali was always my go-to despite the Kali menu being setup for pen-testing and not for daily use. Studying for the Cisco CCNA exposed me to local and wide-area networking, which got me using various tools like Wireshark, Nmap, GNS3, etc. to help understand net traffic.

I had heard about Parrot and finally gave it a spin on a laptop. I loved Mate, and the souped-up terminal (which Kali didn’t have at the time)! Once I got OpenVAS/Greenbone working on Parrot I was hooked.

1 Like

I just decided to try it and use it for a bit, as a linux user, not professional hacker… by any means… I used arch, and mxlinux for a while. this seems a bit better on out of the box privacy , but this desktop is a bit heavy for me…

So, for my low resource laptop, I would rather have option to install xfce , or open box a bit already costumized, since I am not that great in programing. and while I like the feel of parrot, I don’t know how to costumize xfce or open box , although I could install it I guess.

I read that is good to install a new user , for a different desktop in Debian though. so I might as well look for options to install that today, and see if performance increases a bit. Sometimes it freezes in firefox, with 4 gb of ram… where mx linux and majaro and others, that never happened.

well not this one exactly, but i have couple more that I can share,

Send me a mail at [email protected]

Lmao
can’t actually remember why or how I started using parrot.
well I can remember my loathing for how heavy windows was and wanting to move to something lighter and customizable.

I appreciate the humor in the responses

1 Like

Parrot OS started out of curiosity, but grew fond of it. Started with Debian OS, then backtrack, then Kali and so I was looking for the 3rd offensive option and I read onetime that Parrot has more privacy feature set than Kali, so I gave it a try and it did not disappoint + the desktop was banging with awesome preinstalled cyber tools and easy to understand given it’s in the Debian family line. I know there are better privacy focused OS out there, but if you are looking for an OS that has Privacy + Security, parrot os is definitely top 3

1 Like

F*ck Windows.

I just use windows for leisure porpuses. Like play games :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

lool…windows generally feels bloated. Too much marketing/advertising going on in that os that it is really not user friendly and more about profit increase. That is why Linux is amazing and great. Even Microsoft uses Linux to power Microsoft azure and cloud services… :smile: lmao…Linux issue is the barrier of entry as it is perceive by most folks as a technical OS thanks to the cli huddle… Funny thing is once you get comfortable with the cli, it actually becomes more interesting to use. I personally use windows for gaming also and general surfing of the internet. Makes me take the digital marketing involving DNS trail I receive there with a grain of salt.