[Off topic] What made you use the parrot?

I know we dont have a category about this, but i am very curious “what made the people use the parrot system?”

me: I like so much the aesthetic of parrot, because this system makes me feel diferent of other on my job.
Hear in my work a lot of people use ubuntu, popos, and linux mint.

I think the parrot make me be diferrent and It forced me to learn more about Linux.

So, what made you use the parrot? :smiley:

I dont know if i can post it, if not… Just delete this post and sorry

I, for one, do not mind the question,
I run Parrot home as one of the main drives on my laptop, along with Mint LMDE Peppermint and MX
I run Mint LMDE, Mint [ubuntu], Debian, and around another 10 or so distributions for testing on my desktop [with half a dozen external drives]
So why Parrot on the laptop? I used to do a lot of travailing across the UK and Europe, and I felt more secure with the Parrot drive in the machine.

1 Like

Interesting. Do you think Parrot is safer than other distros?

Hahaha, if I travel to a lot of countries, I will probably use just one distro.

Safer than others I cannot answer, but as a developer I can tell you that we do our best to make Parrot a usable and safe OS. Clearly, security depends on the user who uses it. Often people use Parrot to learn new things, whether it is about cybersecurity or something else.

1 Like

A core developer sayng this is SUS :skull:

kkkk jokes a side.

I agree at this point. However, sadly… Parrot had a small community, i would like that it is rise.

There are much more secure OSs (see Tails for example). In any case, as the community grows, it will also grow thanks to you. There are so many use cases for Parrot, so in the end it is an OS you can use for any reason.

1 Like

Like everything, there is a Ballance to find between how much security you need and how much functionality, I think we all know there is no such thing as a totally secure system, likewise we are aware that the weakest point in any computer system is located between the seat back and keypad,
As always, our thoughts and opinions are our own, we are all different and long may it be the same,
And yes, I too would like to see this [and other good forums] expand,

1 Like

Security!
1st place is Qubes
1st place is Kali-Linux
2nd place is Parrot OS
2nd place is Whonix

Privacy!
1st place is Qubes
1st place is Tails
1st place is Whonix
2nd place is Kali with Kali-Whoami
3rd place is Parrot OS

cheers . . .

1 Like

:slight_smile: Hacking :slight_smile:
1st place is Kali-Linux
2nd place is Parrot OS Security
3rd place is BlackArch

cheers . . . :slight_smile:

LMFAO =)))))))))))))))))

1 Like

I want to switch from windows to linux that cam support my device which is Huawei matebook d15 but cant find that drive that can support the device
I use Parrot OS to know if the OS can support the device, Iwish to use it in terms of daily use and daily software Development

this budget machine has various problems across the range of Linux builds including, screen backlight, fingerprint reader, sound card,huawei nfc which either don’t work or work correctly, also reports of freezing which is normally associated with graphics [should not be a problem if you have the AMD Rizen varient]

@dmknght

You’re a great developer! :slight_smile:

An important note;
Anonsurf has a DNS leak

Cheers. . . :slight_smile:

since the new Anonsurf v4. 2 no DNS leak

problem has been fixed

runs perfectly

Happy Easter to all :slight_smile:

cheers . . .

I would say Parrot OS since it has a nice tool kit of programs and is great for python development learning. Able to run my own VM program to work on a Mac with parrot os. (although sound works with ubuntu and not parrot os sadly.) and the community on here is great for information and questions about learning. Great GoTo operating system.

1 Like

Well, actually I started as an enthusiast in cyber security and hacking. all I knew was the name of Kali Linux. Soon, I found there are other os as well, beyond Kali. I decided to give them a try. The first try wasPparrotOS. and literally, I fell in love with the OS. it’s just very stable, lightweight, and highly customizable. More importantly, it came with mate, which became my foundation on working with gtk themes. I created visually stunning color themes of my system. And never ever thought to switch. Im adding a screenshot (just to show off). If you guys want themes like this, I have plenty of them, I would really love to share :slight_smile:

3 Likes

WOW . . . just great and WOW ! !

cheers . . . :+1: :slight_smile:

Hacking is in every aspect of life, why I love Parrot Sec? Well Kali did copy paste here with purple as I began with Kali normal and proxychains. Then was on Kodachi OS (Ubuntu) and specifically made to hide but no tools regarding pen testing or defence or whatever although the dev is good. Mant good things there and I showed 1 of your brothers a trick to do same on that with torrified shell even but dev see it and my isp was kinda banned I bet. But to get to the point, it has a nice interface and also you can switch to your flavor and the 2 aspects as Kali Purple try to do, attack but also defence, mostly anonymity what approaches here vs kali is the torrified system if you launch your AnonSurf and sudo anonsurf enable-boot and sys is encrypted LUKS in a VM with a decent VPN (not proton) you are prettty much protected adding the macchanger that bugs atm btw.

I see the TOTP git topic has been erased… works only on google auth fyi

Don’t post illegal things here or anywhere else. You might be well hidden but the topic or tweet or whatever will be gone or your profile even on some platforms. Have a good day bro