OpenVAS / GVM

There is problem woth OpenVAS since Parrot edition 5.0 - when you try to start it - you will get message:
" …
Job for ospd-openvas.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status ospd-openvas.service” and “journalctl -xeu ospd-openvas.service” for details.
Job for gvmd.service failed because a timeout was exceeded.
See “systemctl status gvmd.service” and “journalctl -xeu gvmd.service” for details
…"

In 5.2 issue still exists.
I know that guys from OpenVAS project are not willing to help (they try to promote “their solution only”).
They sugggest to use current version of their GVM.

The point is that in last Kali Linux guys from Kali were able to include working GVM (version: 22.4.1 - gvm | Kali Linux Tools)

Lastest version (still useless) of GVM in Parrot 5.2 is 21.4.4+parrot1.

Maybe you will be able to inject/update your repos of GVM 22.4.1 and maybe it will work OK ?

Will you do that ?

Many thanks for your hints.
It helped a little but there was still problem with starting gvm.

Additionally I’ve investigated “journalctl -xe” and discovered that in /var/log/gvm owner/group for openvas.log was root (not _gvm like for others)

So I’ve changed it :
chown _gvm openvas.log
chgrp _gvm openvas.log

after this fix GVM check was ok BUT there was an issue during creating task for scanning
" Failed to find config ‘daba56c8–73ec-11df-a475–002264764cea "

Solution for this is in:

Now GVM is working and scanning.

Anyway - Greenbone Community Edition 21.x is end of life and scan report is suggesting to use 22.04
Stable version 22.4 was released 25.07.2022

So IMHO if Parrot wants to stay “head-in-head” with Kali guys should include 22.4 in next releaso of Parrot.

Many, many thanks for your help.
Greetings from Poland :wink: