OS FEATURES GONE MISSING

Briefly describe your issue below:
Up until recently, I was loving Parrot. Then, some issues occurred. I was unable to use my laptop speakers/headphones. The sound menu had gone missing in the settings and the function keys weren’t working. Furthermore, the icon in the taskbar was missing. I searched online a lot and got the system working using pulseaudio and the pavucontrol manager for it. But still it’s not the same as what I had before. I miss the audio settings for controlling volume in settings, I miss using function keys to control volume, I miss the taskbar acessibility. I could not find any way to reset back to the default settings

Also, I have noticed that the configure desktop option no longer includes changing the lock screen image. I cannot even find it in settings. All this is very weird. All I’ve done since when my laptop had parrot working just fine was to install a couple themes, fonts, Spotify for debian and the anaconda system for study.
Any ideas on how to get the system back to normal shall be immensely appreciated. I really hope to continue using Parrot !

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
Parrot GNU/Linux 4.7 - KDE
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian Standard (Live + installer ISO for Security KDE Plasma)
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Yes (+Win10)
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Add new user , all config from skel would be default
If you not changed

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.